What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Define Corporate or Enterprise Function (Finance, HR, CSS, Sourcing, etc) BI&A strategy, roadmap and strategic execution steps
- Define processes for data integration and management on critical platforms like SAP HANA & Cloud solutions including both GCP and AWS
- Define data models, integration patterns and data sharing practices
- Implement & manage the proposed solutions
- Drive efficiency by continuous automation and other LEAN processes
- Manage team of 10-15 FTE’s plus 15-20 MSA and External FTE’s
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in related field preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to set technology direction and oversee successful delivery and/or support of technology solutions preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.