Director Customer Solutions – Professional Lab Services (GMW)
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
Forbes Global 2000
Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
Top 500 for big employers
Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
Deliver Innovative Solutions
Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Director of Customer Solutions for Professional Lab Services (PLS) will lead the assessment of the total relationship with customer to create and drive opportunities to meet customer needs and upsell customers with new products and solutions. S/he will manage, grow and retain Lab Outsourcing deals assigned to them and engage customer senior management, key decision makers and lab staff to build strong relationships and collaboration. The Director will lead the relationship with Quest Diagnostics onsite operations team to develop and drive new onsite initiatives that enhance service, efficiency, quality and profitability. The Director will lead renewals for contracts with key customers and assume responsibility for contracting renewal process from beginning to end.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and interpret laboratory management contracts and drive appropriate execution; manage process to amend and renew contracts for assigned accounts as directed by changes in hospital requirements and approved by the Business and or Lab Advisory Committees
- Develop relationships with business and medical senior leadership and key contacts at hospital clients and represent Quest Diagnostics on the Business Committee as assigned
- Partner with Lab Director in management Laboratory Advisory Committee processes and represent Quest Diagnostics as a voting committee member as assigned
- Track and manage financial performance of assigned accounts
- Actively participate with and support the Quest Hospital Laboratory network
- In conjunction with PLS leadership team, establish annual business plans with each assigned customer and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with Operations Implementations Managers to ensure smooth new customer transition from Implementation to CRM
- Build collaborative customer relationships and secure the business through quarterly customer business reviews and monthly metric reports; periodically review test utilization for opportunities to upsell and/or bring in new tests to improve patient care
- Define market opportunities and work with PLS leadership to develop strategies, tactics and resource plans necessary to exploit them
- Link broader Quest offerings to customer needs and identify opportunities for upsell
- Work with Finance and BD team to conduct detailed analytics as needed to support customer performance reporting; help to develop tools to support automated customer reporting
- Provide overall support and expertise to customers to ensure they receive highest level of quality service utilizing operational and shared service personnel to resolve problems and deficiencies
- Collaborate with PLS and Quest Marketing, Franchise and Commercial organizations to educate consumers on Quest Diagnostics innovative solutions
- Create and maintain in-depth customer profiles
- Stay abreast of changes in the marketplace impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of company products and those of the competitors and share this information with leadership
- Ensure total compliance with all company policies and government regulations
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the manager
- Direct experience in the hospital laboratory environment with a demonstrated knowledge of hospital management processes and dynamics
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships
- Strong financial/business acumen including pricing strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Solid PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Software
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- 10 years or more of successful commercial or customer relationship experience including strong influencing skills with account worth >$5 Million annually
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Marketing or the Life Sciences; or the equivalent years of education and experience
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Innovation Management
- Integrity & Trust
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.