About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- This leadership position will plan, organize and direct the maintenance and operation of the Hospital and its satellite facilities.
- Coordinates Facilities Services consistent with Tower Health's Mission and Values.
- Establishes Capital Project budgets and schedules
- Serves as liaison with regulatory and governmental agencies during surveys and inspections.
- Develops long range plans for the efficient operation and maintenance of facilities, grounds and utility systems.
- Serves on various hospital committees including the EOC, Hospital Safety, QI, and the Emergency Preparedness Committees.
- Works closely with the Regulatory compliance Coordinator to assure all Preventative Maintenance and Critical Systems Testing meets current regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the Chestnut Hill Hospital Safety Officer.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field. (masters preferred) 10 or more years experience in a Facilities Management role in a healthcare system. A thorough understanding of all healthcare regulatory compliance to include The Joint Commission and Dept of Health regulations. Working knowledge of hospital mechanical systems and utilities management. Co-generation experience a plus. Demonstrated experience developing and managing multi- million dollar operational and capital budgets. Experience in multi-site facilities management. Strong leadership experience with the ability to influence and effectively lead others through periods of transition and change. Demonstrated ability to develop short and long term objectives and to develop performance metrics to measure progress against the objectives. Highly organized with excellent communications skills. Working knowledge of building trades including, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC-AD-R and Carpentry.