The Financial Planning & Analysis Director will have overall responsibility of preparing the company’s financial plans (quarterly forecast and annual budgets). This includes process oversight and continuous improvement, communication, system support, presentation formats and analysis of data to ensure accuracy, completeness and reasonableness.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for preparing consolidated annual budget and quarterly forecasts and assist Senior Director of FP&A with long term financial planning.
• Work with all business units and corporate accounting to ensure timely and accurate submission of forecast and budget plans.
• Prepare financial models, management reports and adhoc analysis to communicate projections to management.
• Work closely with Investor Relations/Treasury to ensure accuracy and complete cash flow forecasts.
• Ability to design system inputs for streamlining financial report process.
• Provide analysis of forecasts versus budget, prior forecast and prior year and effectively communicate trends and variances to better understand the company’s historical performance and key assumptions that may impact future performance.
• Provide insightful contributions for best practices by developing and streamlining processes and reporting.
• Assist with system support and training.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum of 5-7 years Financial Planning & Analysis experience
• Financial modeling skills, with experience in three statement models (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
• Strong systems knowledge of consolidation tools and report writing skills; IBM Cognos TM1 experience, a plus
• Excellent analytical skills with high-level attention to details
• Strong organizational and work prioritization skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Microsoft Excel abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative and solution oriented
• Ability to positively influence and work in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow through with ad-hoc projects in a high paced environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.