Director, HR Service Center Operations
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Responsible for the oversight, development, and delivery of HR Service Center (HRSC) operations which include but are not limited to Service Desk (call center), Benefits, Preboarding and Employee Life Cycle functions. Provides direction, leadership, and guidance to achieve business goals and ensure consistent, high-quality service to meet customer requirements. Ensures service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) are established and achieved to ensure interactions are customer focused, seamless and delivered with high quality. Implements standard operating procedures and oversees the development of systematic approaches for assuring the highest levels of service to customers and assists in the development of continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Leadership – 30%
• Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of managers in support of the overall Human Resources and HRSC strategy
• Directs the interpretation and consistent application of established human resources policies and processes in the HRSC that maximize efficiency, while providing a positive customer experience
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, develops short and long term operational and service objectives, metrics, progress reviews and communications.
• Ensures achievement of defined performance metrics such as customer satisfaction, call quality, problem resolution TAT, coaching effectiveness, employee engagement, etc.
Engagement – 30%
• Directs and maintains various activities and support designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
• Ensure the highest level of customer support and performance and manages internal customer relationships that include establishment of SLA’s and reporting and metrics.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders and external (vendors, contractors) resources to ensure consistent delivery of quality services and continuous quality improvement.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by responding with urgency to customer needs and solving complex customer issues. Serves as the escalation point to resolve complex issues that cannot be resolved by the team.
Continuous Improvement – 30%
• Leverage’s breadth of knowledge in customer service, systems, and process to contribute to continuous improvements, operational efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Seeks ongoing feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities.
• Collaboratively partner with HR and business leaders to create solutions that contribute value to the business.
• Stays current on Shared Service Center trends and best practices as well as federal, state, and local employment law issues that impact operations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• BA/BS Degree in human resources or a related field
• Masters Degree, SPHR certification
• 10+ years of progressive experience in HR Shared Service or Service Center/ Call Center management or equivalent.
• 5+ years HR leadership and people management.
• Demonstrated success in fostering a positive and productive work environment, with the ability to lead, build and motivate teams.
• Broad understanding of technical and functional components of human resources including TA, Benefits, Compensation, organizational design/development, M&A, employee communications, training and development and employee relations policies, programs, and processes.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and employment laws
• Ability to make independent decisions regarding moderate to complex problems
• Ability to prioritize, problem solve and apply critical thinking skills
• Apply advanced policy interpretation to help develop solutions or determine appropriate escalation level
• Demonstrated experience in consistently driving achievement of quality and productivity standards.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.