Director, HVAC Sales
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Director, HVAC Sales, you will drive the sales performance of Drive Products in Motion. This challenging and rewarding role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to demonstrate superior demand motivation and earned influence while managing and mentoring a market leading team sales environment.
Reporting to the Vice President, HVAC Sales, you will be an experienced industry influencer who works to grow ABB’s market share nationally (US) by managing dedicated tier-1 Channel Partners and Direct/Indirect OEM customers in support of ABB’s HVAC Drives product portfolio and market separation strategy.
- Manage, support and develop solution sales for ABB Low Voltage Drives and Services at assigned Channel Partner, OEM and End User Accounts by maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, establish strong working relationships with key decision makers, leading in partner scorecard reviews and expectations setting, leading strategy and engagement with large end users/OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure aligned national support.
- Technical Sales involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentations to the client, having researched their business and requirements. Negotiating and making offers in accordance with company procedures. Extensive use of Salesforce.com as primary CRM tool.
- Lead a team of five regional sales manager and one OEM manager. Work closely with a diverse sales and channel team, support Global Account Managers and Strategic Account Managers in sales efforts and participate in a highly strategic environment.
- Meet or exceed sales budget as assigned, provide regular account summary reports to the segment leadership, ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Conduct business with unwavering ethical compass.
- Support trade shows and industry association as required.
- Bachelor degree with 12 years of relevant experience within a complex business environment selling products or solutions OR Associate degree with 14 years of relevant experience within a complex business environment selling products or solutions OR High School Diploma with 16 years of relevant experience within a complex business environment selling products or solutions.
- Experience managing sales teams focused on technical solutions and services.
- Experience with OEM, End User and Commercial Channel Partners in the HVAC industry (VFD experience highly preferred). Demonstrated industry influence and demand creation mentoring.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management software tool like Salesforce or Power BI and strong skills in MS Office platforms.
- Understanding of customer’s needs, experience in customer interface and strong presentation skills.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.