Director, Home Experience (Real Estate)
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Director, Home Experience (Real Estate) in San Antonio, Texas. The purpose of this role is to focus on establishing a national program for our members. This role is responsible for building out a strategy to identify members who are in need of a real estate agent and get them connected to a real estate agent on our network. This role will also identify the right value proposition that attracts both members and prospective members to the program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and implement a cohesive strategy to partner with PenFed Realty across all platforms to align with business goals and increase our brand awareness.
- Set targets for leads and opportunities on a monthly basis that assist in building an overall strategy for Real Estate.
- Develop a program for a national footprint that leverages the relationships with PenFed Realty and Berkshire Hathaway additionally creating a broader network of brokers to strengthen the book of business.
- Create a key performance indicator (KPI) scorecard to ensure broker and agent accountability.
- Define data requirements and ensure reports are created to capture real estate growth and performance.
- Establish a preferred agent selection tool giving members the ability to select an agent online.
- Assist the Information Technology (IT) team to define and implement real estate related projects.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to create value propositions for members to use both PenFed Reality and PenFed Mortgage; designs and implements an effective marketing and lead generation growth strategies for the division.
- Ensure the digital storefront provides appropriate and relevant messaging to members.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Create a growth strategy to educate members on the real estate program and PenFed mortgage products available.
- Partner with Marketing and Demand Generation to ensure we are driving traffic and exposing members to the current programs.
- Responsible for partnering up with other PenFed lines of business for cross sell opportunities. Partner with third party companies to assist with all strategic efforts.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in residential real estate brokerage with additional representative skills in residential lending and residential settlement procedures. Track record of success with real estate sales experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience in the Salesforce ecosystem (Sales and/or Service cloud, Ideas and Knowledge) or equivalent CRM/Lead management system is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, with an ability to review complex issues and make sound decisions is required.
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership and supervisory skills
- Must be service oriented, with collaborative behavior
- Must be organized and have ability to effectively manage people and multiple priorities.
- Manages internal and external resources to achieve goals
- Committed to standards of the highest professionalism and ethical behavior. Handles confidential information with discretion.
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel up to 25%
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.