The General is seeking a Director, Independent Agency Sales to join our team.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
As the Director, Independent Agency Sales, you will lead the development of strategic efforts to dominate the non-standard auto market. You will work with internal business partners to develop new independent agency relationships, and collaborate with our existing independent agency partners. You will also proactively work with the team to identify creative growth strategies with independent agency aggregators, and managing general agents.
- Develop sales and profitability strategies within our independent agency partnerships.
- Recommend and implement adjustments to strategy based on market conditions, or changing strategic priorities.
- Partner with underwriting, product management, marketing, and claims to achieve our strategic objectives and maintain a focus on continuously improving partner performance.
- Implement and monitor business development tactics to drive new agent appointments.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key independent agency aggregators, and manage general agencies.
- Develop controls with new partner recruiting, evaluation, appointment processes. Maintain ongoing leadership over agency performance.
- Perform people management functions such as: hire, coach, develop, motivate, train, evaluate, reward, discipline and terminate. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department.