Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
Have you led regionally or globally dispersed teams? Are you known for your expertise in Talent Management and Leadership Development in a multi-country, global operations environment? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of the team as the Director of Leadership Development & Careers. By supporting talent management and leadership development solutions, you will support the overall goals and strategy of Hilton's Global Hotel Operations. You will be responsible for the strategic design and consulting for Succession Planning, Talent Planning, Career Development and Leadership curriculum and programs for property leadership within the LATAM region. By building rapport with leaders, pursuing in-depth business knowledge, and using multifunctional teams to drive solution-based responses to client needs, you will create robust, strategic partnerships with HR Operations and Operations Executive Leadership. Furthermore, you will drive large scale horizontal leadership development projects aligned to strategic talent priorities, requiring proven project and people management skills.
In addition, we will rely on you to lead the Talent Management strategy and execution in support of Hilton's owned and managed hotels and operations team members, regionally. You will oversee the alignment, development and delivery of Leadership Development curricula for hotel team members, ensuring that all Leadership Development programming is connected and aligned with overall HR and Talent strategy as well as with Hilton's overarching organizational priorities. Through an understanding of organizational development and business considerations, you will both advise and guide HR business partners on the best solutions. Finally, as the Director, you will lead a regional team and build strong engagement and a talent culture across the team. Excited? Read on!
- Execute and enhance global Talent Management strategy including talent mapping, talent reviews and talent mobility.
- Create innovative Leadership Development solutions aligned to identified business and talent needs.
- Build strong consulting relationships with HR partners and Global Operations leaders.
- Identify critical focus areas for analysis, innovation, development, and implementation of integrated HR solutions that support organizational priorities and goals.
- Balance enterprise and regional priorities to deliver effective, globally aligned Talent Management and Leadership Development solutions.
- Partner with recruiting in creating an aligned strategy for internal and external recruitment of talent.
- Plan, execute and implement Operations Leadership Development projects and process improvement initiatives (such as the GM Academy and GM Advisory Board) while meeting deadlines and managing to a specific budget.
- Manage external vendors to align the desired project outcomes and assess the progress and completion of project achievements.
- Ensure Leadership Development solutions are delivered in an effective, cost-efficient manner using technology and other innovative delivery approaches where appropriate, as well as via instructor-led methods.
- Provide regular status updates and create strategic presentations aimed at informing, aligning, and engaging senior partners.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Calm and effective under dynamic time constraints while handling multiple, concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities
- Initiative with minimal direction and quick to understand concepts
- Extraordinary critical thinking, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, and logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, with communication skills to clearly and directly communicate with a variety of individuals
- High level of integrity, flexibility, professionalism, and dedication
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ten (10) years of Leadership Development and Talent Management experience
- Seven (7) years of general business experience
- Five (5) years in a global operations environment
- Five (5) years of experience leading a team
- Fully Bilingual, demonstrated ability to communicate seamlessly in English and Spanish, both verbally and in written form
- Champion and shepherd L&PD programs and practices to fit within the idiosyncrasies and characteristics of Caribbean & Latin America
- Acquainted and comfortable in working with the caveats and complexities of the Caribbean/Latin American market and demographic
- Strong computer skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Up to 50% travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Five (5) years of Consulting experience
- IO Psychology degree or related background with a deep understanding of principles of adult development, leadership and strategy
- Experience living/working in an overseas assignment
- Hospitality Experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!