The Director of Master Data & Governance will lead a team responsible delivering core data services for the Data Center of Excellence at Cardinal Health. These services include data governance, quality monitoring, remediation and process enablement.
This position is responsible for establishing the processes, policies, and capabilities for the organization in both the current master data environment and future state data environment. This position is part of the Data Management team and reports directly to the VP of the Data Center of Excellence.
This role’s initial focus will be product master data, ensuring we have high quality and trusted information to support our transactional and analytic environments for one of our most critical data assets.
What Data Governance contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Governance is responsible for the disciplined execution of governance programs and practices across all data.
- Applies knowledge and ability to define and/or operate against the vision/strategy of data and governance
- Demonstrates an understanding of data governance modeling, tools, and practices
- Identifies and manages data quality in alignment with the needs of the business and/or industry
- Ensures complete protection of data with all policies as it relates to visibility and distribution
- Identifies and communicates insights and potential upstream/downstream impacts and opportunities to customers, business and/or enterprise leaders
- Exemplifies effective communication and change management skills to varying audiences
- Establish and rollout an enterprise-wide product data governance framework, with a focus on improving data quality & creating/upgrading existing organizational policies and standards, governance metrics, processes, & related tools
- Lead system requirements, data standards, and resource allocation for the preparation and integration of the Stibo STEP application for product master data
- Train and support on Master Data tools, process optimization, and standardizing Master Data cross-functional data flows
- Engage with business users to implement data management program enabling them to manage master data efficiently with high quality
- Oversee the day to day operations of the team & engaging with business partners to adhere to and maintain the master data governance processes
- Define enterprise data management metrics, reporting protocols, and action plans
- Lead data migration activities including but not limited to data cleansing, data creation, data conversion, issue resolution, and data validation
- Execute talent development including goal setting, performance reviews, merit planning, recognition, and career development for all direct reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing master data organizations with multiple direct reports
- Proven track record of development and implementation of data governance and standards programs
- Proven track record of conversion and implementation experience for new data management systems
- Ability to work within a team environment using consensus building to achieve a desired result, has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, combined with the ability to build talent within the team through coaching, opportunities and team growth by fostering an environment that is a destination for talent.
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to apply strategic and decisive problem solving skills in ambiguous situations.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management.
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- StiboSystems STEP
- Product Master Data expertise with consumer packaged goods (Medical devices)
- International / Global experience
- BA/BS in Master Data Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Operations Research / Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- Proven experience leading the implementation and ongoing management of MDM / Data Governance departments preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of master data management experience such as master data stewardship, quality management, governance, and process ownership preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff; may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.