PenFed is one of the nation’s fastest-growing mortgage teams. We’ve created four new regional sites that are work-from-home opportunities for mortgage professionals. Our team members can be located within a 100-mile radius of each of the following cities: Phoenix, Dallas, Charlotte, and Jacksonville. At PenFed, we believe everyone who dreams big and works hard deserves great rates and rewards. If you agree, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Director, Mortgage Operations in Charlotte, North Carolina. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the Mortgage Processing and Member Experience teams of the Mortgage Division. This role will serve as the transformation official; assist the Mortgage Operations VP in creating processes to ensure a focus on member experience and loan quality with key changes. The Director will also be responsible for business data analysis to achieve corporate growth objectives. In addition, this role will take a comprehensive and dynamic view of PenFed’s member interfaces and work with the real estate lending teams and stakeholders across the company to deliver superior member service and drive growth.
*This position is remote, and can be located within a 100 mile radius of the posting location.*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Mortgage Processing management team to ensure timely and accurate completion of section responsibilities within established guidelines. Assemble, lead, and facilitate teams in the development and implementation of key department initiatives.
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, both in terms of procedures and use of the LOS system to ensure continuous efficiency and customer service improvement and to reduce errors.
- Responsible to define and champion processes/methodologies that PenFed will use to track, oversee and optimize all member interactions efficiently to manage the customer 'life cycle' in order to foster customer loyalty through high-quality interactions at each touch point.
- Support business unit leaders in their roles in helping to transform PenFed from current service levels to becoming an excellent member-facing organization.
- Provide oversight to the Manager, Member Experience for reporting the member satisfaction ratings and produce a dashboard encompassing all member complaints, feedback from member surveys and emails.
- Work with Mortgage Operation VPs to create executable plans to assist with performance management that produce measureable results to ensure timely delivery of communication and on time closings increasing member satisfaction ratings.
- Ensure the change management procedures for updating training manuals and the distribution of materials are consistent and communicated effectively.
- Survey real estate department training needs, analyzes information obtained and initiates changes to web based and classroom training programs. Make appropriate decisions regarding the resolution of complex training needs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of PenFed’s Mortgage operating policies and procedures and Mortgage product and services. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of PenFed 1st mortgage and Equity loan products and procedures.
- Work both within the department and with other departments to ensure complex regulatory requirements are communicated and understood by department staff.
- Oversee and coordinate with the Information Technology department to triage mortgage related IT tickets to determine if system issues exist or if user training is the solution.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department in testing service requests (SRs) requiring changes/updates to origination systems, then oversees the development of appropriate and comprehensive training materials and programs to communicate changes to originations staff.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in real estate lending environment with strong customer service focus
- Minimum of ten to twelve (10-12) years’ of experience in financial services is preferred.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, creativity, flexibility, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of complex mortgage origination principles and practices including purchase, VA, jumbo, super-jumbo, and conventional refinance loans required.
- Strong understanding of customer insights and ensuring that they are disseminated, deeply understood, and used as the basis for development of new products and services.
- Ability to demonstrate be a dynamic, articulate visionary who can motivate people to achieve through teamwork and work across all levels of the organization.
- Track record of identifying issues, opportunities, and effective solutions and collaborate with other departments to improve processes and/or results.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future trends accurately while maintaining broad knowledge and perspective on projects.
This role will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256. #LI-AM1