Manages the Medication Use Process in collaboration with the Medical Staff and Nursing Services by organizing the processes and functions of the Pharmacy Department safely, efficiently, economically, and professionally in accordance with Hospital and Departmental policy and applicable Federal and State legal requirements. Fosters the development of direct patient care services (Pharmaceutical Care) through process improvement of distributive and clinical pharmacy services. Represents CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System Care in all Pharmacy Services related activities with external parties. Works with directors from other CHRISTUS Facilities including the Pharmacy Resource Group, and Affinity Groups collaborating in systems standardization. Participates in organizational activities supporting the achievement of strategic goals. The Dir, Pharmacy is responsible for creating an environment that fosters continuously improvement in the delivery of pharmaceutical services.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Pharm. D or Masters of Science preferred
- Trained in the general use of pharmacy computer systems and automation.
- Excellent interpersonal skill to effectively, and appropriately communicate with associates, physicians, nurses and patients.
- 3 + years hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- 2 + years of management experience preferred
- Must maintain a current license in the state of Texas