Under direction of the National Director of Sales, this role promotes the use of and consultatively sells Cardinal Health’s Specialty Services and Solutions within a specific geographic area, appropriately increasing volume growth, market share and profitability in target accounts. In addition to creating appropriate product demand, this sales leader will build long-term, executive level relationships with physicians, physician practices leaders, hospital and health system administrators and group purchasing organizations.
Due to the complexity of the sales cycle, this role requires an enhanced “sales” skill set; it is critical this individual has the ability to identify opportunities, link and deliver resources/solutions and manage projects through stakeholder and customer coordination.
As the lead contract negotiator and relationship builder, this sales leader will use his/her acumen, demonstrated persuasive communication ability and strategic, solution-oriented approach to maintain, develop and grow Cardinal Health’s Specialty Solutions footprint.
- Grow market share and profitability through the execution of consultative sales strategies and tactics
- Deliver well designed, compelling sales presentations to executive customers
- Manage executive relationships with a myriad of professionals
- Develop territory business plans; communicate real-time updates to all appropriate stakeholders
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage key accounts within specific assigned geographic regions
- Demonstrate professional development initiative; keep abreast of industry changes
- Participate in, and when asked lead, sales training programs
- Mentor junior members of the sales team
- Utilize Cardinal Health’s CRM to maintain accurate records, track business, monitor sales leads and enact retention and expansion strategies
- Provide reliable competitive intelligence to appropriate stakeholders
- Professionally represent Cardinal Health at industry association and tradeshow events
- Develop key relationships with pharmaceutical company counterparts; appropriately leverage the relationships for mutual benefit
- Drive profitable sales in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
Position Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or commiserate experience; graduate or advanced science degree preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- Minimum eight years of healthcare sales and complex account/relationship management experience required; clinic and or physician office sales experience strong preferred
- Excellent planning, forecasting, financial and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to design win-win strategies for Cardinal Health and the client base
- Self-starter; able to determine, independently, solutions that ensure business objectives are achieved within acceptable tolerances
- Demonstrated matrix management skills; ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Executive presence and solid presentation and communication capabilities
Portland Metro Area, Seattle Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.