With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The position ensures the quality and consistency of Global Pricing in the Market Access & Strategy team within Global Commercial Development & Policy. The role is pivotal in developing and implementing global pricing strategy and tactical plans aligned to inline and future launch products globally. This role plays a pivotal role to support decision-making regarding product launches, tender strategies, forecasting, and product growth strategies by instituting defendable price strategies and maintains/improves the overall GP health of the business. This role collaborates with Region Business Units, with Global Brand Teams, and Finance in the collection and analysis of market/ competitor / Seqirus product prices and trends in order to make the sound business decisions that optimize Seqirus Product GP % and GP$. The key deliverables include but are not limited to a Market and Competitor Price Analysis Report, Pricing Assumptions that feed Annual Long-Range Plan Forecast, tracking minutes and documentation against Pricing Governance SOPs, and supporting review of pricing submitted in business cases. This role will work in a matrix approach within the organization and requires excellent excel/analytic skills and communication and presentation skills. The individual will participate in portfolio and competitive analysis projects to support Seqirus products. This position reports to the Senior Director, Market Access & Strategy
Strategic Pricing Plan
- Develops global pricing strategies and ongoing assessment and adaptation of strategies to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across the portfolio and geographies.
- Establish price guidance and launch pricing strategies including target prices, list prices, and global floor prices and exceptions management.
- Develop pricing models to evaluate pricing strategy options and recommendations and conduct pricing research to support this.
- Develop & maintain competitive pricing intelligence and monitor trends and developments in the global pricing environment to evaluate the potential impact and Seqirus and proactively identify strategies and actions.
- Support all Product Launches with competitor/market price analysis, international pricing rules to ensure Product launches meet overall Product and business Gross Profit goals
- Partner with regional and country representatives to ensure smooth transition and implementation of global pricing strategies to regions and countries
- Working with HEOR, drive the creation of early payer engagement processes, tools, and systems that are aligned cross-functionally and across region/global and with Market Access, HEOR, Medical Affairs, Commercial Ops
- Enhance information exchange and best practice sharing across the regions and drive adoption of pricing resources and tools
- Assure two-way communications between global and regional access teams
Market and Competitor Pricing Strategies
- Working with Market Intelligence team, conduct pertinent research of competitor pricing and pricing strategy and develop bi-annual market industry and pricing report for internal use
- Identify developments in the global pricing environment to evaluate the potential impact on Seqirus and proactively identify strategies and actions.
- Conduct reimbursement landscape, payers unmet needs, competitors’ value proposition and pricing & reimbursement status, and payers’ decision making
- Provide market inputs and assumptions into annual brand planning and long-range forecast processes
Strategic Pricing Governance support
- Serve as secretary (non-voting) of Global Pricing Committee. Shepard the Pricing exception process and evluate the merits of the Exception before its sent out to the committee for approval.
- Implementing the appropriate metrics to monitor pricing decisions and exceptions management
- Assist international affiliate price approvals or innovative partnerships and provide analytic support to rationalize price vs. volume with financial implication
- Ensure consistency of launch prices across geographic area and monitor price implication based on international reference rules
- Develop database of tender/contract/launch prices
Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
At least 7 years working experience in the pharmaceutical, devices, or other health care industry
- At least 5 years work experience in a pricing leadership role within the health science industry. Reimbursement, managed care experience expected
- Good understanding of US and EU pricing environment; product launch experience in pricing preferred
- Experience working with IMS or other market data and syndicated data sources
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to manage complexity where both strategic and tactical skills are required
- Strong thought leadership and strategic thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities