Director, Research & Consulting – Consumer & Retail sector
Escalent helps the world’s most successful brands decode human behavior into ideas that make the world work better for people.
Our Consumer & Retail clients are true innovators. We help the world’s greatest dreamers know where they are today and where the market will be tomorrow. We figure out what motivates people… before they buy, when they buy, and after they buy. Clients rely on our consumer journey work to decode human behavior.
We are a geographically dispersed organization with technical proficiency, so we are very flexible regarding your location, and comfortable with you working remotely.
Who are you?
- You are the sort of person that gets fired up by leveraging all of your experience, skills and talents of a team to help clients succeed. You’re a natural account manager that clients love. You are continually driven by the rewards of being a lead contributor to the client and your team.
- You have solid experience in business areas such as market research, marketing, data analytics and/or consulting, whether it is as a user or a provider of these services. You are naturally inclined towards business solutions that are focused on insights and growth.
- You’re innately intrigued and personally interested in the future of the Consumer & Retail industry. Whether as a consumer or with keen analytical interest, you have your pulse on the latest developments of the industry. People know you as someone who's aware of what's happening with the consumer goods market and the pressures facing it accordingly.
- You’ve worked in or with the consumer & retail sector for at least five years, and are proud of your achievements with brands that your peers and colleagues instantly recognize. When people talk about you, they talk with admiration about the companies you work for/with.
If you like what you’ve heard so far, we’d like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we’re seeking in case you wish to have more detail.
- Identify issues affecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively address their issues leveraging Escalent's capabilities to offer insight & consulting.
- Recognize opportunities for growth and implement strategies that will enhance client satisfaction, company market share, revenue growth and profitability.
- Meet agreed budget and revenue targets.
- Develop, communicate and clearly execute sales strategies.
- Fully develop and utilize the company’s capabilities and position the company as a preferred provider to the customer.
- Effectively work internally with other business units of the company to develop compelling strategies to pursue any cross-sector leads, create proposals, and secure new business.
- Provide input to new research/data services based on competitive analysis and emerging client needs you’ve observed.
- May participate in industry-specific conferences or organizations to build or enhance reputation as a competent resource to the clients in the industry.