Director, Research & Consulting – Pharma
Our pharma sector works closely with the pharmaceutical industry on some of the most important projects in the market today, ultimately providing research and consulting services that influence the strategy of pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Our clients include large, mid-tier, and emerging pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Escalent's Health practice is positioned for high growth and strong expansion, and we’re looking forward to hiring a new colleague to help us execute the work and support our continued growth within our pharmaceutical sector.
We are a geographically dispersed organization with technical proficiency, so we are flexible regarding your location, and comfortable with you working remotely.
Who are you?
- You’re a well-rounded Market Researcher with at least 7-10 years of experience with a market research supplier, ready for a role that offers ownership of particular studies, the opportunity to be the face of the project with our clients, mentor junior staff members, and yet be supported by other senior leaders to navigate business development activities.
- You like to write proposals, you like being charged with the responsibility to make sure our work meets the client’s needs, is methodologically sound, completed on time and with a healthy margin.
- You’ve worked in or with the pharmaceutical sector, and have an understanding of the ways pharma / biotech companies use market research or analytical services. When people talk about you, they talk with admiration about the breadth of your market research experience and relationships with team members. You love being surrounded by competent colleagues while designing and delivering research to big name pharma clients.
- You’re looking for an opportunity that will provide you with immediate opportunity to influence change in pharmaceutical companies across the country. You dream of a career that offers meaning and puts you in a position to make a real difference in the industry.
- Most of all, you are the sort of person that gets fired up by leveraging all of your experience, skills and contacts to nurture and grow existing business. You like the idea of being a “Study Director,” continually driven by the rewards of extending our reach and offering additional services to your clients that will improve their business.
A few other key points…
As we continue to grow, we are creating unique opportunities for people like you. We are in the midst of an exciting time of new investment, leading to expansion of our markets and growth in the products and solutions that we take to market.
We have a very unique culture, and we all deeply enjoy the incredible colleagues that we get to work with on a daily basis. That’s paramount for every one of us, so we focus very strongly on hiring people that will fit in well with that culture. While we are looking for somebody with a strong individual qualities and personal drive, your ability to collaborate with and get the best out of our exceptional people is going to be a big deciding factor.
We are a geographically dispersed organization with technical proficiency, so are very flexible regarding your location, and comfortable with you working remotely. If you prefer to be situated near colleagues, we have US office locations in Portland, OR, the Metro Detroit area (Livonia), and Cambridge MA.
Our environment offers you:
- Access to experts for maximum learning.
- Exposure to a rich variety of research techniques – with centers of excellence in Marketing & Data Sciences, Qualitative, Communities and Syndicated capabilities.
- An edge on competitors with expertise across a variety of industry sectors – and the opportunity to collaborate and build solutions at the intersections – such as Health and Tech, or Health and Consumer, etc.
- Peace of mind working for a company with a commitment to conducting research ethically.
- Fun colleagues and a familial culture that values each person.
If you like what you’ve heard so far, we’d like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we’re seeking in case you wish to have more detail.
- Communicate with clients to understand their business objectives and research needs.
- Collaborate with internal and external research experts to identify and select the most appropriate research methodology and techniques.
- Develop innovative proposals and assist with sales presentations.
- Formulate analysis and reporting plans.
- Manage and supervise all phases of market research initiatives – from design through report delivery.
- Design research questionnaires and moderator guides.
- Develop and manage project schedules and budgets.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods.
- Interpret data, write reports and make actionable recommendations.
- Ensure study deliverables are in line with study scope and client expectations.
- Develop effective deliverables with oversight from other client management staff.
- Make presentations to internal and external audiences –answering questions and instilling confidence.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience required providing market research and analytical services within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years' experience working for a market research consulting supplier.
- Strong experience designing custom research solutions that may include Qualitative, Quantitative and/or advanced analytics components that will effectively address client objectives.
- Demonstrates financial acumen to develop project budgets and manage expenses.
- Ability to manage a number of client engagements concurrently.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients throughout all levels of the organization.
- Works with teams collaboratively.
- Possesses the qualities to get results with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be intelligent, perceptive, a quick study, high-energy.
- Shows a strong understanding of client’s business and business knowledge in general.
- Exhibits good judgment.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic with a reputation for integrity and honesty.
- Is a strong communicator and a good listener.
AA/EEO EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Work From Home