West Corporation is seeking a Director Accounting Controller
in our Omaha office. We are a tech enablement company that connects people all over the world - making companies more efficient and improving lives.
In the Director Accounting Controller
position, you will be responsible for leading and directing assigned accounting functions ensuring these functions meet the individual, unique needs of the division while remaining consistent with West's corporate policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Oversee the preparation of month end financial statements including the revenue and cost accruals in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure revenue is recorded in accordance with the applicable GAAP revenue guidance for the respective West business that this role is responsible for
- Lead and monitor overall corporate accounting for West to ensure corporate accounting items are recorded properly companywide
- Monitor staffing levels, trends and turnovers
- Prepare recommendations to management outlining efforts to maintain a quality staff
- Ensure reports (i.e., financial, management, accounts payable, special reports, etc.) are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Continually review accounting systems recommending upgrade and system improvements, as necessary
- Coach, develop, and mentor subordinates to achieve quality performance while continuing to develop personal management skill necessary to lead staff and handle unique management challenges.
- Proactively strive to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of all work flow interfaces in order to exceed established business goals and objectives
- Review the monthly variance reports resolving any discrepancies
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls over financial reporting are designed, communicated, implemented, and monitored as necessary to mitigate risk to the company, while adhering to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field is required.
- CPA required
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible accounting management experience required to include three years public accounting
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required
- Experience in a global multi-company/location environment preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience in the telecommunications industry preferred
- Oracle experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Access, and Outlook required
West is connecting people and ideas
We are delivering on their potential
We are improving the way we work and live
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network - based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don't forget to join our online talent community and 'Like' West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees!