Responsible for developing, organizing, and coordinating services designed to meet the religious and/or spiritual needs of patients and their families as well as hospital employees. Formulates program policies, confers with department heads to explain pastoral care programs, elicits cooperation in program objectives, and coordinates provision of pastoral services with medical services. Responsible for management of a multiple departments across the 'Region' or across the entire CHRISTUS 'System'. Accountable for multiple departments which are related in terms of their operations. Understands the operations across the Region or System. Maintains knowledge of market/competitor trends. Provides guidance in the budgeting process from planning to implementation to evaluation, including capital budget requests; providing opportunities for spiritual growth and development for Associates; and oversight of departmental volunteers. Works collaboratively with the Diocese of Corpus Christi and representatives of other faith traditions represented within the community.
- Master's degree in Theology or related field.
- Member of the Roman Catholic Church, exception to this norm should be approved by the diocesan bishop. (United Stated Conference of Catholic Bishops, Ethical and Religious Directives #22)
- Adept in organizational, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Combination of 5 years of experience in the spiritual care area and/or 5 years clinical experience in a healthcare related field preferred.
- ACPE Supervisor certification