Red Oak Sourcing is a 50/50 joint venture between two Fortune 20 companies, Cardinal Health and CVS Health. Red Oak has sole responsibility for generic pharmaceutical sourcing for Cardinal Health and CVS Health’s retail division and pharmacy benefit manager - representing 85% of the pharmaceutical product volume of the two companies – making Red Oak is one of the largest generic pharmaceutical sourcing entities in the U.S.
Red Oak is seeking a Director of Strategic Pharmaceutical Sourcing. This role is a hands-on, individual contributor. The role requires being analytical, accountable, personable, and exuding the executive presence to facilitate negotiations and portfolio management of the largest generic pharmaceutical purchasing program in the U.S. In addition to building and maintaining outstanding relationships with our suppliers, the Director will also model decision-making scenarios, leverage game theory to predict supplier actions, negotiate pricing, and ensure supplier compliance with Red Oak’s proprietary business standards. This critical role will significantly shape Red Oak’s presence in the marketplace, and through exposure to senior executives at both CVS Health and Cardinal Health, will help shape both companies’ pharmaceutical strategies.
- Build strong internal and external relationships.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify market opportunities and risks.
- Develop expertise including product knowledge, industry dynamics and market trends.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to manage supplier performance and support long term strategy.
- Leads with influence to facilitate cross-functional issue resolution and process improvement.
- Resolve product supply issues
- Ability to balance the needs of entities with sometimes conflicting objectives.
- Analyze, summarize, prioritize and communicate data for all organizational levels.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with external supplier partners.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Professionally represent Red Oak Sourcing at trade association/industry meetings, events.
- Master of Business Administration or PharmD preferred
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial and strategic impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build productive long-term relationships at all levels of supplier organizations, including with senior executives
- Results driven with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- High level of self-confidence and sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain calm in high pressure situations
- Comfort with conflict and strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability and willingness to attend 50 dinners per year and to travel 2-4 weeks per year to represent Red Oak at industry conferences
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.