Bold, locally connected, and soulful, C. Baldwin, CurioCollection by Hilton delivers a special hotel experience in the heart ofHouston's financial district. Named after the 'mother of Houston,' Charlotte Baldwin,our hotel is a destination for those who seek out individuality in themselvesand in their lives. This groundbreaking hotel is conveniently connected to theAllen Center and Heritage Plaza, and places you within walking distance or ashort drive from the city's richest cultural attractions, including downtown,Montrose, The Heights and Buffalo Bayou Park. We operate a complimentaryshuttle within the immediate downtown area.
Our 354 room hotel boasts a boldly stylish décor,floor-to-ceiling windows, glamorous textures and 55-inch multimedia TVs.Premium rooms and suites provide enhanced views of the city. A specialcollection of 14 corner guest rooms have been curated to feature Peloton bikesfor those looking to enjoy a workout in the privacy of their room.
Opening September 2019, we invite guests to experienceunforgettable dining with a social, irreverent vibe in our restaurant with acelebrity chef at its helm. Sip handcrafted cocktails in our glamorous lobbybar. Work out in the well-equipped fitness center or stroll through the socialgreen space. C. Baldwin will offer a luxurious nail salon, Paloma, and alifestyle boutique, sloan/hall, in September 2019. With 14,000 sq. ft. offlexible meeting space accommodating up to 650 guests, our hotel isperfect for elegant gatherings, signature weddings, private dining events, andexecutive board meetings.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Catering and Events, you would be responsible for directing and administering catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, soliciting new accounts, negotiating contracts, merchandising and marketing, planning, event execution, cost control implementation, systems management, budget and forecasting, department management, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Develop market segments, solicit new customers, negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with current customers
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate with and provide direction and supervision to team members to execute catering events
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!