Hilton Baltimoreis set in the Inner Harbor, an iconic seaport area of restaurants, museums,shops, sports complexes, nightclubs and historic ships. We're a quick walk toCamden Yards, M&T Stadium, the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Centerand a waterfront concert at Pier Six Pavilion.
With 757 guest rooms on site, the Hilton Baltimore also features thelargest hotel ballroom in the city with striking views of Orioles Park AtCamden Yards. The meeting space is also highlighted by two same-levelballrooms. An enclosed sky bridge joins this award-winning hotel to theBaltimore Convention Center.
The Director of Events & Catering is responsible for the strategic leadership of Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Events & Catering, you would be responsible for the strategic leadership of Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct Event Management team in the execution of negotiated group sales agreements and affiliate business solicitation
- Manage high profile and/or overflow group business, as appropriate
- Direct and administer all Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management operations including, but not limited to, revenue maximization initiatives, market development, solicitation plans, meeting space and room block management, negotiation of supplier services, budgeting and forecasting, systems management, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Serve as primary liaison with Group Sales team and Events to ensure quality of booking criteria and contract integrity
- Foster relationships and communication between Event Managers and clients
- Direct daily department operations, guest conflict resolution, interaction with National Sales, Sales Technology Support and generation of corporate and hotel-level reports
- Lead, monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing professional development, providing supervision, conducting counseling and performance evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Perform duties of Event Manager, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!