Oversees the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Infection Prevention (IP) Programs for CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System. Acts as a resource and lends support and consultation to other system entities. Serves as content expert and resource for Infection Prevention strategies.
- Curent RN License.
- Certification by the Certification Board of Infection Control (CBIC) - CIC certification essential.
- BSN or above required.
- Three to five years' experience in an acute care/in-patient hospital setting
- Manager or Director-level experience
- Competence in the NHSN database experience required
- Experience with NHSN data entry and reporting
- Infection Prevention education, preferably APIC classes
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements for acute care hospitals including, but not limited to, state and federal regulations, The Joint Commission as they relate to Infection Control and Prevention
- Ability to prioritize IP initiatives and responsibilities
- Ability to be a resource in Infection Prevention practices to all disciplines