Responsible for organizing, planning, directing, evaluating and providing general oversight for all laboratory operations within CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital - Corpus Christi that includes outreach services, computer operations, pre and post analytic testing, associate safety and equipment / supply inventory expense control. Provides essential leadership and administrative support to laboratory associates. Ensures standards of care are consistent with System's Mission and all regulatory requirements. Works closely with hospital administration to facilitate the achievement of the department's goals. Promotes the development of associates and process improvement initiatives to maintain quality, cost-effective services and patient, physician and associate satisfaction.
A. Education/ Skills
- Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or natural sciences required. MBA, MHA, or Masters degree in administration preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative of new processes.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of change management and team dynamics.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with customers.
- Strong financial, regulatory and reimbursement knowledge a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of common software programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) and LIS/HIS.
- Four years experience is CLIA defined, high-complexity laboratory required. Minimum two years management experience required.
- Multi-hospital system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements: Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA), College of American Pathologists (CAP), and The Joint Commission (TJC), as applicable.
- M.T. (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) preferred.
- Membership in professional organization(s) preferred.