Senior Vice President of LSS North AmericaSpecific Responsibilities:
- Directing laboratory resources to meet given objectives, with focus on budgets, client expectations and satisfaction and regulatory compliance
- Oversee performance of food microbiology testing services
- Increasemanagement effectiveness by recruiting, hiring, orienting, supporting andtraining of staff
- Communicatingvalues, strategies and objectives
- Planningand assigning work to subordinates and monitor them on a regular basis; assigningaccountabilities
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards; enforcing ethical business practices
- Developand implement strategies and policies for the laboratory to achieve company’sgoals
- Assistin developing budgets
- Overseeoperating costs and forecasts
- Providesubject matter expertise on microbiologytesting opportunities where needed throughout NAM in the food market
- Anticipateand resolve potential client problems
- Liaisingwith scientists within the SGS AFL Laboratories network
- Liaising with the Regional and Global SGS AFL Marketing Teams to assist in the development of marketing and promotion content
- Liaising with SGS AFL Regional Business Development Managers and Global Key Account Managers
- Liaisingwith SGS AFL clients (new and existing), attend conferences and partneringevents in order to gain mutual benefits
- Revising contracts as required (Master Services Agreements, Work Orders, Confidential agreements)
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, community organizations, and employees
- Maintainrequired KPIs at all times
- At alltimes, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safetyof SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
- At all times,comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Microbiology or related field preferred.Four year degree in relevant field (e.g life science, biochemistry, biology)required.
• Laboratoryexperience required
• Knowledgeof regulations, techniques laws and accreditatoin standards
• Highlevel of written and verbal English
• Professional,high standards in personal presentation
• Abilityto manage relationships under stress
• Abilityto work and think independently and coordinate several activitiessimultaneously
• Diplomaticand assertive
• Self-motivated and able to achieve shared objectives
• Ability to maintain service oriented mindset
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Maintain enthusiasm and perseverance
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
• Excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritizediverse tasks
• Results driven
• Must have an understanding for biochemistry,bioanalysis, biologicscharacterization, microbiology and molecular biology.
• Must possess solid critical thinking skills; mustbe able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
• Performance management,staffing, coordination, financial planning and strategy, decision making,strategic planning and quality management
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirementslisted above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired.
This job description should not be construed asan exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but ageneral description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts thecompany’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this jobat any time.
•SGS is an EOE AAM/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying fora position within the United States and you have difficulty completing theon-line employment application because of a disability, please call201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called backshortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employmentinformation, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficultyapplying for a position due to a disability.