First Data First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a
global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six
million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100
countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated
to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations,
conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000
transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data,
First Data is looking for
a Director of Project Management/Program Director for a full-time role to be based in our Atlanta
The Director is responsible for ensuring that our current programs and projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced Program Management/ Project Management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and team-oriented product development environment.
candidate will have experience working in Digital commerce and Mobile payments,
experience in the financial domain or banking/ Fintech. Petro industry is a plus.
This Director will be a leader who embodies First Data's leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively. In this role, this candidate will manage a team of Technical Program/Project Managers who use Agile Development Methods and the Scrum Framework to deliver critical, customer facing, enterprise software development projects to our production systems. This candidate will lead efforts to improve our processes, making our teams highly productive and also champion the adoption of engineering practices like Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.Job Responsibilities:
Scope of job:
- Reporting to the VP, provide leadership and oversight to a team of technical program/project managers who use agile practices and the scrum framework for the planning, execution and delivery of products.
- Work with Business Sponsors to develop project road maps that align with business objectives/priority and take into account resource availability.
- Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking and managing cost, schedule, and scope for all projects in the portfolio.
- Direct project portfolio activities, conduct reviews, and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments.
- Enforce consistency and standardize processes across the team and the broader Project Management organization.
- Drive improvements in software development practices/processes within teams and across the organization.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team’s deliverables.
Manages two or more diverse functional units. In addition to the scope of a Program Manager, the Director is responsible for recruiting, developing and managing staff. Responsible for coaching and mentoring of local technology leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices. Manage HR and Performance aspects of employees. Mentor and guide local managers through their career paths.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 15 to 17 years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project or Portfolio Management.
- Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects.
- Extensive technical leadership experience ideally from a software development background and working in Banking or Digital Commerce or Payments industry.
- 8-10 years of experience hiring, training, mentoring and managing project team/s of 10 or more members.
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of Project Management techniques, methodologies, and best practices. Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices.
- Deep experience in managing complex programs delivered by globally distributed teams.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with programs that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed to support the strategic goals.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is very strongly preferred. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM),Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Rally and JIRA & Confluence tools is a must.
- Experience with online/ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems.
- Experience working with offshore consulting firms on large scale and complex projects.
- Able to work well under pressure. Strong sense of ownership, ability to proactively
remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to
resolve issues are required.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.