WHO ARE WE...
With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership and staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our patients benefit from access to a broad range of services — all right here in our region.
The Director of Respiratory Care serves as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team providing oversight and daily supervision for all respiratory care services and personnel. Oversees the provision of diagnostic, treatment, and educational services for patients with respiratory disorders. Responsible for fiscal planning and operations, as well as scheduling, evaluations, and professional development. Promotes harmonious interaction with hospital staff and physicians to ensure each patient receives appropriate respiratory care services. Creative involvement in educational endeavors for staff as well as research applicable for patient care. Works collaboratively with all hospital leadership to assure high-quality clinical outcomes, resulting in improved patient experiences.
This position has twenty-four/seven accountability for all clinical and operational services provided across both Phoenixville and Pottstown Hospitals. Planning, coordinating and evaluating of all Respiratory Care services will be in concurrence with the Medical Director of Pottstown Hospital and Chief Nursing Officer of Phoenixville Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree (strongly preferred)
- Graduate of an approved and accredited school for Respiratory Care
- Minimum of 5-years Respiratory Care experience
- Minimum of 2-years supervisory experience or management experience in a hospital setting (recommended)
- Knowledgeable of respiratory and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulation and guidelines that pertain to respiratory in a hospital setting
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with the NBRC
- Licensed to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Pennsylvania
- Certification with AARC (highly preferred)
- American Heart Association CPR (BLS) Certification (required)