Sinclair Broadcast Group seeks a motivated and experienced technical leader to join Sinclair Technology Partners (“STP”) Site Reliability Engineering group focused on network & systems management, live event/content management, media workflows, and broadcast operations support. The individual will develop, integrate, and support critical enterprise infrastructure solutions, application deployments, content production workflows, and activities. Senior-level role managing technical STP resources based in Santa Monica, CA as well as other locations.
- Provide technical leadership across multiple live sports businesses – Tennis Channel, Bally Sports, etc., building relationships with business, production, and engineering stakeholder groups.
- Serve as the product and technical leader across multiple technology domains that are relevant to live sports: enterprise networking, remote application and virtual machine platforms, media encoding, workflow editing, and asset management platforms, and content file delivery.
- Develop a long-term vision and implement change management programs for infrastructure and applications that support live events.
- Develop performance metrics, promoting data-driven decision making to ensure the highest level of service delivery and ongoing performance.
- Manage and update department work processes, institute and promote best practices including documentation, standards development, capacity planning and status reporting.
- Coordinate technical elements of global live production activities in partnership with engineering and production teams, including media workflows, staffing, and infrastructure build.
- Partner with architecture, engineering and production teams to develop the future state technology map supporting live production.
- Research and lead efforts to design, configure, and deploy new tools and technologies to improve automation and operational efficiency.
Managerial requirements include:
- Responsibility for direct management of and planning for live events and ongoing broadcast application, workflow, and content support within multiple environments from an infrastructure perspective.
- Establishment of KPIs and SMART goals to modernize the practice of live events, ongoing support for broadcast infrastructure, and application platforms.
- Coaching and mentoring team members for professional growth.
- Management of implementation and delivery activities aligned to SLAs for internal customers.
- Building relationships with customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs and goals.
- Drive and participate in monthly operational reviews with stakeholders to systematically improve the state of the enterprise environment.
- Quickly dive in and understand the environment in which you operate, set the pace for how STP meets our customer’s needs while balancing resource management across a shared service model.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 10+ years in a technical leadership position at Manager or Director level (Director level preferred) – experience leading high performing technical teams including performance management, mentoring, and team development.
- 10+ years of relevant IT systems / enterprise networking / cloud analysis / support experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience directly administering and supporting cloud-like enterprise environments.
- 7+ years working in a live event broadcast environment utilizing products such as Aspera, Avid, Vantage, and Interplay.
- 10+ years of experience automating IT processes with a focus on configuration management.
- Experience supporting and managing private and public cloud solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting networks both traditional and virtual, including performance management and troubleshooting, configuration, and application/end-user experience.
- Experience with stand-alone, converged, and hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally to support live sports events as needed.
- Customer-focused, positive, can-do attitude and desire to interface directly with end-users, and management at all levels.
Preferred candidates would also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Avid, Aspera, Interplay, and Vantage experience within a broadcast environment.
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications.
- Arista ACE Certification
- Cisco Professional Certification preferred
- VMware Certifications.
- Network-focused certifications.
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Go, .NET, PowerShell.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.