Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
In this position you will:
Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions including continued recruitment, training and retention of staff.
- Develop sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals.
- Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention.
- Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, OSI, SELL, Cognos.
- Achieve strong performance of Local, Regional and National accounts.
- Ability to ‘bundle’ linear TV and Digital assets for our customers.
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas.
- Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level the sales effort to maximize our lifestyle brands
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients, pricing our products competitively and the ability to turn ideas into revenue.
- Work with the promotions and news departments to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
- Stay up to date and study sales structures and flow of business to help the station evolve and adapt.
- Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, inventory control and pricing, political and FCC responsibilities, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Wide Orbit a plus!
- 7-10 years’ experience in TV sales management
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
- Strong understanding of Digital platform and Digital assets.
- Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace