Red Oak Sourcing is a 50/50 joint venture between two Fortune 20 companies, Cardinal Health and CVS Health. Red Oak has sole responsibility for generic pharmaceutical sourcing for Cardinal Health and CVS Health’s retail division and pharmacy benefit manager - representing 85% of the pharmaceutical product volume of the two companies – making Red Oak is one of the largest generic sourcing entities in the U.S.
Red Oak Sourcing is seeking a Director of Strategy & Analytics. The Strategy & Analytics team runs a wide variety of on-going and ad hoc projects and analytics to inform daily generic pharmaceutical sourcing strategy as well as longer-term decisions made by the Executive Leadership Team. This hands on, critical role will take an enterprise-wide view and be a central part in shaping the organization, developing its policies and procedures, and establishing its presence in the marketplace. As part of the leadership team, the Director will help shape the pharmaceutical strategy of CVS Caremark and Cardinal Health. Additionally, this role will own strategy, analytics, and communications for executive-level projects related to generics purchasing, including supplier, internal, and board-level presentations.
Act as player-coach to team members of both Strategy and Analytics functions
- Lead team-based approach to achieving better performance through strategic initiatives.
- Provide direction on ongoing work/analytics/presentations and feedback on tasks.
- Review team’s work and balance workloads across team members.
- Give guidance for working with variety of senior leaders in organization (e.g., how to present work, manage expectations, and deliver key messages).
Oversee market intelligence to inform Red Oak Sourcing’s strategy
- Understand product and market changes and implications for Red Oak Sourcing strategy, using available industry data sources.
- Oversee research on suppliers (e.g., develop Red Oak Sourcing perspective on supplier M&A activity).
- Oversee research on competitor actions and implications for Red Oak Sourcing (e.g., other JVs).
- Oversee research on supply risk of Red Oak Sourcing portfolio
Manage and support departmental strategic projects
- Run or support a variety of projects across the organization.
- Manage review of generic portfolio (e.g., annual cost savings, potential changes in exclusivity, modeling changes in purchasing methodologies) and standing supplier appointments.
- Identify pipeline opportunities.
- Review supplier background materials to prepare sourcing executives for supplier meetings.
- Manage ad hoc analyses.
Review data and design and build presentations to support executive-level discussions
- Review data to support executive-level discussions.
- Manage creation of presentations across a variety of topics, including a story-line, key messaging, graphical representation of data, and tailoring to the audience.
Support budgeting and forecasting activities
- Support budgeting activities.
- Compile data from multiple sources (e.g., pipeline, variance analysis) into meaningful communication with proposal for recommended action.
- Masters in Business Administration (or equivalent), and 3-5 years of related experience.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial and strategic impact
- Consulting or prior strategy experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of analytics practices and software/technology capabilities
- Results driven with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- High level of self-confidence and sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills experience working with upper-level management
- Ability to work with variety of stakeholders, particularly executives
- Individually motivated
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel (e.g., modeling capabilities)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.