The Director of Student Affairs provides leadership for all Student Affairs activities on Campus. The DSA is responsible for oversight and attainment of Campus Objectives for student retention, satisfaction, graduate placement, effective handling of student complaints, orientation and other key processes.
The DSA must act as a change agent, separating activity from results. He/She must be results focused with the ability to achieve results through other people. This ability requires the DSA to create a student focused environment within the Student Affairs team and influence all departments on Campus to support and foster this environment throughout the student experience.
- Develop and execute short-term and long-term Student Affairs strategies to ensure the campus growth and profitability objectives are met.
- Attainment of campus retention/attrition, placement and student satisfaction goals. Ensure that budgets, policies, practices and actions are aligned to produce desired results, consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan for Concorde and Student Affairs.
- Ensure that all Student Affairs operations are in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations along with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Campus staff in resolution of student complaints and issues to satisfactory conclusion.
- Responsible for creating an environment that engages staff, and provides quality student relationships and professional development, while developing purposeful relationships within the local health care community.
- Direct the business development process to increase community resources, job leads and externship sites.
- Ensure that daily/weekly run rates are achieved for placements, job lead development and re-entry activities.
Business Acumen – Acquires and applies, keeps up to date with information from the business world, education and healthcare industries and applies cross-functional knowledge. Acquires, applies, and uses current knowledge in all areas of their own specialty or profession; is regarded as an expert; identifies and uses other expert resources as needed.
Strategist - Understands strategic concepts; develops and influences distinctive and competitive strategies; aligns the organization with the local business community to support priorities, embrace change and deliver results.
Relationship Builder - Establishes friendly, candid and trusting relations; cultivates a network of contacts throughout the organization and community; treats others fairly and with respect; seeks resolution of disagreements through open, constructive discussion.
Problem Solver/Decision Maker/Executor - Recognizes problems and devises and implements action plans. Specifies goals and constraints, generates alternatives, considers risks, and evaluates and chooses best alternatives. Is results focused and maintains a healthy balance between efficiency and effectiveness.
Change Agent - Serves as a catalyst for initiating change and innovation within the campus. Demonstrates and involves others in learning about ongoing needs for change. Supports experimentation to test new approaches.
Staff Development & Team Building – Identifies goals and vision for department; guides individuals and teams toward priorities; clarifies roles and responsibilities of others and energizes individuals to achieve; coordinates resources and arranges organizational systems to meet objectives. Encourages personal investment and a desire to excel by others; spurs others to action; recognizes and rewards others' accomplishments. Is able to identify key talent and build a pipeline of next generation talent. Develops those employees through the application of talent management methods to include mentoring, individual development planning, and career pathing.
Effective Communicator - Speaks clearly and expresses self well in all situations; listens to others' ideas and opinions; keeps others informed; writes clearly and concisely; extracts substance from complex issues and organizes content effectively; selects appropriate media and message for the audience.