This position has responsibility in conjunction with medical director for the Operating Room, Pre-Operative Services and Post Anesthesia Care, Sterile Processing, Anesthesia, Digestive Health, and clinical oversight of IV Therapy. The Surgery Service Line includes surgical services performed at the hospital including Day Surgery.
EDUCATION: BSN required, MSN preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: RN with NM License, BLS and ACLS issued through American Heart Association required.
SKILLS: Strong leadership skills and previous management experience including experience in facilitating interdisciplinary team collaboration. Evidence of such experience should include:
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve; ability to appropriately confront issues
- Ability to motivate others as individuals and as a team
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and manage the activities of others
- Ability to effectively design and manage projects
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in dealing with physicians on an administrative level and ability to work collaboratively with medical staff members and leadership
- Ability to analyze data and utilize data in a meaningful and useful manner
- Strong knowledge of clinical and financial information systems, charge master, revenue cycle, including quantitative analysis tools, benchmarking tools, and PC applications such as Microsoft and Excel
- Strong nursing knowledge and clinical skills
- Ability to effectively run meetings to negotiate deadlines
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years experience in progressive OR nursing administration or other settings appropriate to this position.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: COO with matrix to CNO
- Bloodborne pathogen- A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop and communicate written materials.