DIRECTOR OF TITLE OPERATIONS/ESCROW OFFICER
This is an operational/leadership role so naturally the team will look to you to lead by example. It means that you bring experience, wisdom and expertise both in managing operations and as an Escrow Officer. It also means that you'll be expected to demonstrate the highest level of forward-thinking, conscientiousness, and attention to detail. You will be the go-to person for support, back-up and guidance for the team. You must be someone who thrives on perfection, working at a fast pace while staying humble and being someone who possesses an incredible "can do' customer service attitude to ensure Midtown Title is represented as the premium place to do business where clients will want to return again and again. Because of the high profile this role will be expected to take, you will become the face of the company and you'll have a desire to grow the company to the next level while representing the company, its employees and the rich diversity that makes up our team and our clients.
What You'll Be Doing
* Oversee the daily operations of the company to manage the staff, and be a resource of support. You will develop and improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the efficiency of the firm and insure excellent client service. You'll develop training processes and materials, provide Escrow Team support - assisting with Closings and Courtesy Closings as needed; handle escalated client issues and concerns.
* You will be acting as a Substitute Closer, specifically providing vacation coverage for EOs, but will not have a book of your own business.
* You'll be working under the supervision and with the support of the Managing Director.
* Handle HR related tasks supporting our employee base, including the Escrow Officers, Assistants and the Office Manager. This includes managing the payroll process with our bookkeeper.
* Handle client questions and meetings regarding friendly transfers.
* Mange relationships with third-party vendors.
* Must have a proven track record, with 10+ years experience managing title operations and staff, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Escrow Officer. Must have a minimum of 2 continuous years at a Texas-based title company.
* Experience performing HR functions such as recruiting, hiring, employee relations, and performance management.
* Hands-on, collaborative approach with demonstrated effectiveness in managing operations.
* Previous experience developing and implementing training processes/materials is a huge plus.
* Process oriented with impeccable organizational and time management ability.
* Above average customer service skills.
* Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication skills.
Pay: Highly Competitive, based on your proven title operations management and escrow experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.