COMPLETES DISHWASHING / POT WASHING ASSIGNMENTS:
Provides ware washing support to the Nutrition Services Department so that pots, dishes, silverware, etc. are sanitized and safe for meal service to patients and
customers. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Completes assigned dishwashing duties. Service ware is cleaned and sanitized in accordance with established standards. Duties complete within a
timeframe that supports efficient and scheduled department operations.
(2) Operates ware washing equipment. Monitors soap, rinse agents and other chemicals so that they are dispensed in an appropriate manner.
Guarantees that proper wash and rinse temperature standards are met.
(3) Exercises care when preparing dishware for washing. Refrains from breaking or discarding permanent ware. Checks meal trays for personal items
left on trays and returns these to the supervisor.
(4) Stores clean service ware in the appropriate location or assigned rack. Returns full racks to the designated production area.
(5) Guarantees that heated dish storage equipment is turned on and functioning properly so that plates / bases are hot and ready for meal assembly.
(6) Uses appropriate personal protective equipment for the assigned task. Gloves, aprons, goggles, hearing protection are in place when operating
(7) Leaves work area and equipment clean, dry and free of garbage and debris, and ready for the next meal. Consistently completes activities identified
on the sanitation checklist.
MAINTAINS A FRIENDLY AND CHEERFUL DEMEANOR AT ALL TIMES:
When interacting with patients, visitors and co-workers a friendly and cheerful demeanor is maintained at all times. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets
(1) All interactions with patients, visitors and co-workers are amicable.
(2) Employee is always willing to lend a hand when needed.
(3) Courtesy is maintained at all times.
(4) Treats others with respect.
PERFORMS GENERAL DEPARTMENT CLEANING AND TRASH REMOVAL DUTIES :
Performs routine housekeeping functions within the department to insure that a sanitary and safe environment exists for the preparation and service of food.
The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Transports large trash dumpsters from the nutrition department to the dietary dock. Empties large trash dumpsters. Properly disposes and
compacts trash following established procedures.
(2) Cleans and sanitizes trash dumpsters and transports clean dumpsters to designated areas throughout the department. Empties and cleans all small
and large trashcans and lids in the department.
(3) Sweeps, mops, and uses the floor cleaning machines in assigned areas daily. Mop water is clean and containers are the approved type and with the
appropriate quantity of chemicals.
(4) Cleans bathrooms and hand sinks. Stocks soap and towels.
(5) Works as part of a team that insures delivery of food to patients within 45 minutes of a food order being placed.
(6) Additional cleaning delegated by a supervisor is carried out efficiently.
(7) Cleaning is coordinated so as not to interfere with the work activities taking place in areas to be cleaned.
PROVIDES EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY NUTRITION CARE :
Responsible for delivering meals to patients and guests with a cheerful and excellent service attitude. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards'
(1) The approved method of service is carried out, by confirming the patient's identity as per Tower Health policy with two key patient identifiers when
delivering food to a patient.
(2) A magnet is placed on the upper right door frame before patient room is entered to indicate it will be necessary to pick up a tray in that room.
Employee knocks on all patient doors and waits for a reply before entering a room.
(3) Meals are delivered to patients within 45 minutes of the order being placed.
(4) Employee has assisted with the rounding of patients, to ensure that all patients who have not received a tray have been seen and a plan of nutrition
service has been discussed.
(5) Time of delivery of tray is entered into the Tray Tracker System.
(6) All soiled trays are picked up after meal service.
(7) A clean, safe, and sanitary work environment has been maintained.
RETRIEVING DIRTY CARTS FROM FLOORS:
In conjunction with the Ambassador team members the Dish room/Utility Worker is responsible to sweep floors for dirty carts and return carts to the Nutrition
Department. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Sweeps of patient floors for dirty dish carts are made as necessary.
(2) Dirty dish carts are returned to the dish room.
(3) Carts are checked for cleanliness.
(4) Carts are cleaned and sanitized daily.
No Education Requirements
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
No Licensure or Certification Required
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
*Must work weekends and holidays.