A Steward is ultimately responsible for the cleanliness of the heart of the house as well as maintaining the equipment throughout the property. Insure that they personally receive the appropriate and mandatory training in health and safety.
What will I be doing?
As a Steward, you would be responsible for transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and serviceware in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Wash dishes and operate the dishwasher to clean all chinaware, silverware and cooking utensils
- Scrub pots and pans
- Burnish, de-tarnish and polish silver
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment
- Perform cleaning duties including, but not limited to, mopping and removing trash
- Transport and store clean serviceware
- Prepare and place clean serviceware for events and functions
- Organization of china, glasses, silverware and hollowware from Banquets and have all requisitions sorted for the following day.
- Provide enough equipment (china, glasses, silver) banquets for their operations.
- Work with and control chemical supplies
- Assist and provide equipment for any banquet function
- Maintain clean equipment located within the banquet operation. Ensure trash is removed and overall cleanliness is met.
- Train other stewards, as needed
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working in stewarding department of a luxury hotel operation preferred
- Ability to work in confined spaces daily
- Possess sufficient dexterity to navigate in tight kitchen areas
- Ability to lift or carry up to 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Possess a good written and verbal command of the English language
- Knowledge of stewarding and banquet facilities
- Ability to perform all duties in extreme temperatures
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!