SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the overall distribution of the daily inspection workload, monitoring and scheduling all “Inspector” at the location where he works with support as needed to the Branch Manager.
- Liaison between Field Supervisors, Laboratory staff, and Clients
- Dispatch the inspection staff within the Branch daily.
- Collect, input and forward all data, filed paperwork, samples etc to the office.
- Follow up with inspectors for updates as required for customer satisfaction.
- Update Operations Coordinators with job status frequently.
- Oversee time sheets are submitted by inspectors in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the daily and monthly calibration records are being performed and kept up to date.
- Oversee purchasing and ordering of inspection supplies: - sample bottles, caps, tags, tapes, probes and field documents as required.
- Support daily operations.
- Understand and comply with Company procedures for Safety, Field Operations, and reporting.
- Send daily updates to clients
- Review field reports and organize documents for operations.
- High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of five (5) years of transferable experience within in the Industry.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work all shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments. On call 24/7 – 365 days - rotating shifts.
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines of multiple projects.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Position requires you to work night shift, to include a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.