Work Schedule: Wednesday to Sunday 9:00am - 7:30pm
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Logistics you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Logistics personnel are critical to the people we serve – your fast, safe and efficient transportation is an important step in diagnoses and treatment. As a career, it offers variety and a certain amount of independent working – with the added bonus of meeting and dealing with a variety of people in your day. Joining a diverse team, a Logistics role can offer you a stable, long-term career.
Dispatcher responsibilities include answering client pick-up request calls, planning and scheduling pick-ups, communicating with field operations and responding to customer inquiries/complaints. Assigns pick-ups to appropriate internal or external resources to ensure timely delivery to lab.
• Answer client pick-up request calls and enter into dispatch system
• Determine if pick-up can be performed as requested by the client based upon multiple factors
• Assign pickup and delivery destinations to courier
• Monitor Status of time sensitive pickups to ensure timely delivery to testing location
• Researches and solves customer complaints or issues.
• Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls and work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent computer skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with Access).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well organized.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple functions simultaneously.
• Ability to interface with other departments within the facility and company.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning information and data received.
• Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
-1 to 3 years
-General knowledge of logistics operations desired
-Knowledge of Quest Diagnostics logistics’ policies and procedures desired
-Integrity and Trust; Listening
-Drive for Results