Do you have excellent data entry skills with great accuracy? Do you have a strong ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical applications? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced career-minded Dispatcher to be part of a close, efficient team. This position coordinates product shipments and transfers between customers and multiple terminals as well as assisting in all aspects of customer service.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports.
- Must be able to deal effectively with different personalities in high stress situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Good communication skills on the telephone, in person, and via e-mail.
- Must possess good math and computer skills including knowledge of MS office.
- Strong customer service orientation required, including the ability to effectively respond to telephone calls and customer inquiries.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
Answer incoming calls for orders of materials and collaborate with trucking companies and/or drivers to create routes to accommodate customer needs.
- Effectively communicate with trucking companies and/or drivers to coordinate shipments and provide instructions on requirements of the loads and directions while using knowledge of DOT laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of shipment completions.
- Operate truck scale and complete weight tags, bills of lading and hazardous materials shipping papers.
- Effectively communicate with customers concerning operational and logistical issues, changing processes and work updates.
- Calculate total quantities of products by weight and/or volumetric measurements.
- Extended hours and flexible schedule are a requirement during busy season.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wage depending on experience
- Employee health and retirement benefit offering
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.