Aviation Dispatcher II - Tampa, FL
Schedule: Monday - Friday 11 PM - 7:30 AM
The Aviation Specimen Dispatcher reports directly to the Dispatch and Logistics Managers. The primary duties of the Specimen Dispatcher include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Track aircraft, vans and couriers, informing appropriate personnel of any deviations from standard operating procedures. Make and implement decisions on how to handle deviations.
2. Be able to read, interoperate and monitor aviation weather reports and airport NOTAMs for delays and communicate any deviations to appropriate personnel.
3. Maintain and complete forms to coordinate communications within Flight Operations for The Specimen runs including shortages, late arrivals, misplaced Specimens, no-show of couriers, and any other pertinent information.
4. Manage air bills, manifests and drivers for revenue customers. Relay information, delays, diversions and coordinate directly with revenue logistics and outside courier services.
5. Record fuel receipts, reconcile fuel bills.
6. Prepare flight logs detailing aircraft schedules, crew flight assignments, flight itineraries, passenger/cargo manifests, etc., as required by the FAR’s.
7. Maintain a high level of proficiency in operating departmental computers, specifically FOS, Quest Diagnostics Flight Tracker, Flight Explorer and associated fuel and flight log management programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Company intranet and email.
8. Communicate with Chief Pilot to discuss any changes, problems or deviations from standard operating procedures.
9. Assist with Route Service Coordinator duties as needed.
10. Answer client pick up requests and enter into dispatch system; assign pickup and delivery destinations to courier.
11. Cover other Dispatch shifts as needed.
12, Maintain a positive, team-oriented relationship with Flight Operations and Logistics colleagues.
13. Special duties as assigned by Chief Pilot, Dispatch Manager and/or Director of Flight Operations.
14. Tracking/tracing of all other incoming/outgoing FedEx/DHL/UPS and commercial airline shipments.
15. Dispatch of pickups for all commercial flights and FedEx/DHL hold-for-pickup shipments.
16. Active monitoring of all international shipments. These shipments need to be actively monitored to ensure no customs holds are placed on them, and that all documentation is correct.
17. Be able to understand and utilize all programs (QD TRACK, Cargo Matrix). Work closely with TSO (Test Send Outs) to ensure proper shipments.
18. Understand and drive compliance and SOP’s with TSO for all shipping (scanning, packing, labeling, dry ice..etc).
19. Demonstrate liaison capabilities with FedEx and PeriShip. Loss prevention procedures for all commercial and Quest Air shipments.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
1 to 3 years Customer Service or Logistics Experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts
• Maintain composure under pressure
• Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
• Using effective verbal communication
• Using effective written communication
• Concentrate on tasks
• Ability to making decisions
• Examine/observe details
Other: Job Competencies
Integrity and Trust
Drive for Results