A Doosan Portable Power District Sales Manager is responsible for supporting all channels within his/her geographic responsibility. There is a primary accountability for managing and growing sales to independently owned distribution within the territory. This individual is also responsible for developing and growing sales to independent rental accounts, national rental accounts, strategic accounts, and select OEM’s. The District Sales Manager will be responsible for creating and growing win-win customer relationships with all channels and directing support for all Doosan Portable Power for all aspects including Sales, Rental, Technical Service and Aftermarket Parts.
This position is open to a location near a major airport and will support the Southeast Region - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
Role & Responsibility
- Build relationships and manage all dealers in the territory to maximize dealer success in the areas of sales, service, parts, and rental. This includes direct end-user customer sales calls with dealership sales team.
- Provide sales leadership to dealer sales teams.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge and application expertise commensurate with Doosan standards. Support dealer sales organization with the same.
- Follow established dealer metrics to drive for growth of DIPP products within each distributor.
- No less than one time per year, conduct Annual Sales Planning Conference with each dealer in the territory – set annual, measurable goals with the dealer and support with actions to create success.
Rental Account Development:
- Develop relationships with Independent Rental and National Rental Account outlets in the territory.
- Develop relationships with National Rental Account regional offices.
- Suggest proactive solutions to the equipment acquisition and remarketing process.
- Direct field support activities and resolve all issues and disputes.
- Develop used equipment relationship with Independent Rental customers.
- Work with Dealer Development to analyze open territories for Portable Power prospects.
- Interview dealer candidates and review Portable Power value proposition.
- Narrow focus and request business plans from top candidates.
- Review submitted business plans with management and select the best candidate for territory.
- Develop initial stock order with dealer candidate and ensure all information is submitted, reviewed, and approved by key internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate all new dealer launch activities.
- Develop and execute Portable Power training plan.
Trade Show Support:
- Assist with National and Regional Trade Shows to support sales of Portable Power products and the development of wholesale and retail marketing programs.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or related fields.
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Experience working with construction equipment channels of distribution.
- Current knowledge of Construction Equipment products
- Direct selling skills
- Basic understanding of business concepts including financial statements.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Makes effective presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with common computer applications (MS Office and
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and balance short term/long term needs.
- Applies advanced influence skills to achieve win-win results in dealer negotiations/proposals /improvements discussions, etc.
- Has a keen sense of end user customer expectations and is constantly seeking to improve the value of our dealers in the marketplace.
- Exhibits personal sense of urgency and follows through on customer/dealer commitments.
- Listens actively to perspectives, needs and concerns of internal and external customers.
- Travel Required: 70%
Doosan Portable Power will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.