Divisional Sales Manager
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Divisional Sales Manager in Phoenix, Arizona. The primary purpose of this job is to manage the daily sales activities of all facets of mortgage sales for Penfed Credit Union. This position leads and manages a retail sales and operations team comprised of area sales managers and sales team for their specified region. The position is responsible for all area activity, operating, financial results (including growing regional retail consumer profitability) and strategic direction of the team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for leading a major geographic division of the retail branch network to include all operations, financial results and strategic direction.
- Skillfully build and enhance a divisional mortgage team through developmental plans and consistent coaching, training and feedback.
- Collaborate with a team of Regional Sales Managers to set strategic direction for the sales teams focusing on employee commitment, strategies for customer growth and retention and increasing sales levels of all mortgage products.
- Develop and coach the mortgage sales team, leading the sales process and sales activities.
- Support key business collaborates (BHHS PenFed Realty) to facilitate successful branch partnerships and achieve shared sales goals.
- Participate in Corporate-wide strategic planning committees by representing the entire divisional network. Provide committee updates to the senior management team as direction and Bank-wide change is developed.
- Represent PenFed at various community functions providing and active presence in the community.
- Drive processes designed to maximize the efficiency of the retail distribution network. Participate in implementation and management sales incentive program.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with PenFed or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the PenFed brand.
- Maintain PenFed internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Perform managerial related functions to include salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Maintains strategic responsibility for both short and long-term objectives and is responsible for managing a significant segment of the retail business operations.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years' sales experience OR a combined 11 years' higher education and work experience, including a minimum of 7 years' sales experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' proven sales management experience with demonstrated sales/business development experience and success.
- Candidate must have strong financial services product knowledge, proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain business collaborate relationships within and outside organization.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.