Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Document Control Specialist for our client in Morgan Hill, CA. This is a direct hire role, an opportunity to join a company with great benefits and you get to join a reverse commute!
Document control specialist is responsible for managing company documented information, ensuring accuracy, quality and integrity. This role is key to helping Marki Microwave adhere to record retention and compliance policies, safeguard information, efficiency in planning and retrieving data more effectively.
This Position reports the Director of Quality and Compliance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinate records management, verifies and maintains information, improves document control practices, maintains information systems, and meets legal records control requirements.
* Identify critical processes where document management is key, specifically in Engineering and Manufacturing
* Per project/process, work hands-on with relevant teams to identify and document:
o Documents involved
o Review/approvals, signatures, exception ID and management, document status management (revs, active/inactive)
* Per project/process, list required documents into document control system; execute
o Coordinate records management
o Verify/maintain document information
Meets documented requirements
Coordinating/liaising between parties to ensure information completeness and accuracy
o On-going review of critical documents during their lifecycles to ensure quality and timeliness of same (based on related compliance requirements and/or specifications)
* Train and assist employees with document control system use: policies and procedures, loading of documents, document retrieval, data access
* Verify documented information on engineering records to ensure accuracy and authenticity
* Checks the documents to confirm that both internal and external parties have similar information to prevent contractual conflicts or misunderstandings.
* Verify information on purchase orders to ensure purchases are consistent with requirements.
* Continuous improvement of document control practices and corresponding efficiencies within the document control system
* The Document control specialist manages information management systems to ensure the system is working efficiently and report malfunctions to information technology specialists.
* Provide audit support as required: real-time document access and reporting
* College degree preferred but not required
* 5 years of experience
* Self-directed, highly motivated
* Works well independently and with/across teams
* Excellent discretion handling complex and sensitive work situations and sensitive documents
* Proactive and comfortable managing workload, volunteering to assist where needed, intelligently distributing workload when needed
* Detail-oriented and dependable
* Able to prioritize and organize; particularly long term, deadline driven, and exception tasks
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; excellent time management skills
* Strong interpersonal and 3rd party service skills
* Computer/systems savvy, including being well-versed in MS Office Suite
* Significant document control systems experience is highly desirable
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to this position. Marki Microwave may assign reasonably related additional duties, responsibilities, and activities to individual employees at any time with or without notice, consistent with company policies.
By signing this job description, I affirm that I am able to perform all the essential duties and functions of the job.
Signing this job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract.
Marki Microwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.