SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our West Creek, NJ location is looking for a Drill Helper to join their team. This is a 100% field position and works in a team of two. This person is responsible for assisting a licensed driller with drilling and drilling-related assignments using Federal, State, or individual procedures. This position performs work for both government and private clients. The Drill Helper reports into the Drill Supervisor.
The Drill Helper:
- Assists the Drill Supervisor with activities associated with drilling and drilling-related assignments including drilling and installing monitor wells, soil borings, recovery wells and other drilling support functions.
- Operates fork lift, skid steer and other heavy equipment. Training will be provided.
- Associate's degree preferred, high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous construction or landscaping background is highly preferred
- Aptitude for basic math concepts and report preparation
- Position requires applicant to have a flexible schedule as overtime or weekend work sometimes are required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed within the required timeframe
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to handle, physical tasks, which require walking, carrying equipment, etc.
- Ability to work in changing weather conditions (rain, snow, extreme heat or cold)
- Ability to fix malfunctioning equipment is highly preferred
- HAZWOPER training is highly preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.