Hutchins Telecom is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. Hutchins Telecom activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, Hutchins Telecom offers competitive pay, including medical, vision, dental coverage, and 401K options.
Hutchins Telecom is currently seeking a Directional Drill Operator/Locator to join our dynamic Team. The role of a Horizontal/Directional Drill Operator and Locator includes operating horizontal/directional drill rigs, locating equipment and product support equipment. Perform semi-skilled activities related to HDD locating must be familiar with industry standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduit, including fiber optic cable.
- Ensures safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities.
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
- Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
- Ensures all applicable permits and locates are complete and on site.
- Inspects the work that is in progress to ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
- Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
- Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
- Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by supervisor.