For nearly 100 years the Dunbar trucks have been a symbol of loyalty and protection--we move money and other valuables and keep it safe. We have a challenging opportunity for a Commercial Driver to join our team. We are a family owned company that will know you by name. Our drivers are home every night and have weekends off.
If you enjoy teamwork, doing meaningful and responsible work, using the most contemporary electronic devices, and contributing to commerce every day, working for Dunbar Armored, Inc., may be the career choice for you.
We are a Military Friendly company with a long history of providing career opportunities to Veterans as well as Active Military members. Supporting the Military has been our focus for over 95 years. This includes our efforts to hire and promote Veterans and Military Service members. Don’t believe us? Just ask the 660 Veterans or Active Military members we hired last year!
*Second Shift Position*
Start time 3PM-Close
Dunbar Armored -
7717 NW 62nd Street
Miami, FL 33166
You will receive paid, on-the-job training with one of our experienced CDL Drivers. Once fully trained, you will be responsible for the safe delivery and pick-up of customer valuables and/or cargo via armored truck transportation.
Dunbar offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Consistent Schedules
• Full and Part Time Hours Available
• Full benefits including Insurance including health, dental and life
• 401(k) with company match
• PTO (Paid Time Off) Accrual Commences Upon Hire!
• Operate armored trucks in a safe manner, abiding by all federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Deliver valuables to customers (banks, retail stores, restaurants, etc.). Interact with customers, representing the company in accordance with company standards, maintaining proper conduct, appearance (uniforms), personal hygiene, etc.
• Complete paperwork accurately and in accordance and in accordance with procedures.
• Maintain a security awareness at all times, whether driving a vehicle and watching for the hopper or outside of the vehicle delivering shipments to the customer.
• Receive shipments and cargo at the beginning of the shift and check-in cargo and shipments at the end of the shift to the vault, ensuring the balancing of the receipts.
• Perform necessary first line maintenance on the vehicle at the beginning and/or end of the shift
• May operate runs/routes dedicated to specific needs, i.e. Federal Reserve, BEP
(Bureau of Engraving and Printing).
• Minimum of 21 years of age, per Department of Transportation regulations.
• A valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain current license with a good driving record.
• Ability to obtain a gun permit. (A criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit.)
• Able to qualify for any other work-related permits required by branch (Airport pass, Federal Reserve access, etc.)
• Ability to read, write and understand English and perform basic math skills.
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate with customers in a professional demeanor.
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.