Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Drives Service Workshop Manager and located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Drives Service Repair Technician, you will work under the supervision of the Service Workshop Manager, and daily work direction of the Team Lead, the Service Repair Technician repairs a variety of standard drive units and subassemblies, ensuring the best possible, most cost-effective problem resolution, and assists in identifying and resolving quality and reliability problems, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
** 2nd shift: 2:00pm to 10:30pm, but needs flexibility to better accommodate the business needs **
- Review and plan daily work assignments, prioritizing customer products in for repair.
- Coordinate with the team Lead to ensure proper work scheduling, establishing priorities and expediting of repair orders.
- Process Repair work orders, both customer repair orders and inventory replenishment orders.
- Troubleshoot the repair of products, such as standard drive units, subassemblies and circuit boards down to the component level, identifying and repairing the problem, performing testing and burn in activities as needed, ensuring the best possible and most cost-effective problem resolution.
- Research bill of materials, ECOs, or other documents to identify required parts for drive/component repair.
- Complete Material Requisitions or contact Inventory Coordinator to obtain necessary parts.
- Ensure the completion, processing and maintenance of all required paperwork, records, documentation, failure analysis reports, etc.
- Assist Order Distribution as required preparing customer orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with others, both inside and outside the department to identify and assist in resolving quality and reliability problems.
- Participate on cross functional teams, including Quality Management teams, to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of methods, processes, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Act as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Create and/or improve documentation for related process procedures and instructions.
- Continuously review repair processes and recommend improvements to increase productivity and quality while reducing costs.
- Utilizing the Lean methodology for process improvement, participate by supporting continuous improvement suggestions, events and reviews of departments workflow, methods, processes, productivity ensuring and maintaining the optimal repair processes, techniques and test capacity.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum 4 years of experience with maintenance, repair, customer support, electronic components, assembly, manufacturing environment OR
- Associate degree, preferably in a technical field and minimum 2 years of experience with maintenance, repair, customer support, electronic components, assembly, manufacturing environment OR
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering and minimum experience required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly instructions, bills of materials, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete work assignments and communicate one on one with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.