E-mobility Channel Specialist - EV Charging
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of a E-mobility Channel Specialist is to support our expanding customer services and day to day sales growth, working under the supervision of the Channel Manager and as an integral part of our EV Charger sales team. Working for the E-mobility Division (EM) of ABB Inc. The successful candidate will be instrumental in growing a market-leading team in this very fast-moving and innovative industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic part of one of the world’s leading power and automation companies in a high growth, high visibility industry.
Reporting to the Channel Manager, you need to refine, execute and grow revenue with targeted channel partners across the United States. The candidate will be required to travel to customer and project locations to support the sale of E-Mobility products within the United States.
This role can work remotely however ideal candidates would be domiciled in Los Angelos, Richmond, Houston, Denver or Phoenix near an ABB office.
- Work to refine and implement the channel sales strategy and provide channel strategy input for the sales team
- Ability to work and build relationships with prospective clients in a sales role
- Create and execute on a business plan for the channel and support the resulting incremental sales growth
- Create and manage Customized Programs as needed for Key Partners within the channel
- Evaluate potential channel partners and make recommendations to maximize revenue and long-term success within the EMobility Space
- The Channel Specialist will be responsible as the First Point of Contact for Channel Partners to drive resolution of customer service concerns
- Promote and Monitor Training Programs to ensure that channel partners are well educated on ABB EMobility products and solutions
- Drive improved customer order behavior through use of the ABB Price List and quotation tools
- Foster use of ABB Partner resources including the ABB E-Mobility Resource Portal
- Assist channel customers in growing their revenue in the EMobility space and driving the sales of ABB EMobility products
- Support RFI and RFP response including gathering information, review, and inputs
- Liaise with ABB departments to support & resolve customer & sales issues
- Visit and build relationships with key people at Channel Partners, Joint Sales Calls and main EV Product Group locations
- Maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs
- Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process
- Be technically able to provide application and sales support using Web and PC tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with minimum 8+ years total experience in a related technology, sales, marketing, project management, channel or electrical industries environment
- Customer-focused mindset with the ability to manage many concurrent customer orders, quotations and relationships in a timely manner
- Direct experience working closely with customers, providing customer service support, and responding to a wide variety of customer inquiries is required
- Previous experience in electrical industry channel sales, Electrical Distribution sales or similar role
- Experience with $10M+ in annual sales revenue a highly desirable including Experience working with distributors, electrical contractors is preferred
- Experience in the E-Mobility space a plus
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license and travel up to 50% based upon business need
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.