Barnes Aerospace MRO East Granby has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a NDT Inspector with a Level II Eddy Current Qualification Certification. In this role you will perform diversified NDT inspection duties on aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires experience, initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Work from process travelers and operation sheets to perform Eddy Current Inspections on aircraft parts to locate and determine the severity of discontinuities. Experience in other NDT methods (PT, MT, RT, UT) preferred.
- Perform set up of Eddy Current equipment and apply proper agents such as cleaners, penetrants and developers, etc. to part to prepare of testing.
- Perform testing operations following specific procedures outlined in manuals, identifying and marking discontinuities. Complete all required paperwork, records and sign-offs.
- Interpret results of various tests performed against the acceptance criteria specified in overhaul manual or other approved data and accept or reject parts based on specified criteria.
- Perform nital etch and swab etch. Perform visual inspection of braze, nital etching and swab etching.
- Inspect internal cavities of components using specialized boroscopes.
- Ensure regular maintenance of equipment. Ensure all gauging and equipment is in properly calibrated.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations
- In addition to Eddy Current Inspection duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Provide training to others as required.
- Level II Eddy Current Qualification per NAS-410 is preferred
- 1-2 years maintaining a Level II proficiency in Eddy Current Inspection and other methods FPI, MPI, UT or RT certifications preferred
- Basic shop math, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices,
- Ability to read and interpret travelers and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.