Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides counseling services and coordinates student registration procedures in the facility's Education Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel's inmates on appropriate academic/vocational programs based upon educational and occupational interests and experience
- Ensures that all Education Bureau and outside agency educational documentation involving registrations processed according to guidelines
- Serves as a liaison between instructors and the facility Classification Department for inmate good time recommendation
- Serves on the Institutional Initial and Reclassification committees
- Coordinates all file transfers
- Coordinates selected program services with the direction of the Education Director
- Assists the Education Director in the overall management of the Education Program
- Performs other duties as assigned.