Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists the Education Director and other education staff by performing highly confidential secretarial duties, thereby relieving them of minor and routine administrative and business details.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes the educational office operations and procedures for the efficient flow of work and integration of interdepartmental workflow and sequence.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with a wide spectrum of employees, officials and the general public.
- Gathers requests and or provides factual information requiring reference to a variety of sources.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Implements procedures for schedules and coordinates the processing and maintenance of record keeping and filing systems.
- Composes and types general correspondence on own initiative based on knowledge of supervisor's views and or verbal instructions for signature of supervisor.
- Makes appointments and opens mail, exercising judgment concerning priority.
- Arranges travel schedules and reservations.
- May take and transcribe dictation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.