* The EEG Technologist performs technical studies/summarizes data to assist MD's in diagnosis of nervous system disorders.
Essential Job Duties
* Perform routine, extended and ambulatory EEG's and studies according to ACNS
* Perform nerve conduction studies according to AAET standards.
* Maintain registry in at least one of the END areas: EEG, or NCV.
* Explains testing procedure for all neurodiagnositc studies to patient and family using age appropriate guidelines.
* Accurately takes and documents a pertinent history from the patient or EMR(Centricity).
* Sets-up patient for appropriate study to include: patient, paperwork, room and equipment.
* Accurately apply electrodes according to the International 10-20 measurement system to record EEG.
* Runs study with appropriate documentation in the study, observation of the patient, troubleshooting equipment and physiological artifacts, distinguishing normal from abnormal and utilizing appropriate resources to perform the study.
* Demonstrates proper cleaning procedures for the patient, room, setup room and equipment after each study
* Adheres to proper infection control practices
* 1 year of healthcare experience
* Graduate from an accredited END program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Associate degree in a health related field preferred
* ABRET registry in EEG. AAET registry in NCV
* Shows initiative for critical thinking skills
* Recognize global needs of department
* Responds to stressors in the practice environment in a calm, positive manner.
* Recognizes limitations in own skills or knowledge and seeks assistance from appropriate resources
* Recognizes the need for and provides assistance to others where needed and when requested
* Utilizes down time for cleaning, maintenance, and lab and departmental initiatives without prompting
* Demonstrates ability to effectively and efficiently manage departmental resources
* Assists in the planning and completion of orientation, training and/or cross-training of other RNA personnel
* BLS certification
* Maintains 6 CEU's per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.